- This Privacy and Data Protection Policy is issued by KnowledgeSquare (“KSQ”) and Infoquest ID Services (“IQID”).
- All personal information collected by KSQ / IQID is governed by the laws applicable for the time being in force, the policy guidelines and directions of the Government of respective Users / Applicants. This means that Applicants / Users will be informed of the purpose for which their personal information is being collected and how to exercise their right of access to that information.
- This Privacy and Data Protection Policy should be read in conjunction with the Disclaimer and the Terms & Conditions. By accepting the Privacy and Data Protection Policy, you expressly consent to our Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
- The website nin.thebezglobalresource.com contains the required information in connection with the Services regarding Enrolment. The said website will be updated as per the instructions of the NIMC and will change from time to time.
- By submitting your personal data (does not include credit card information); you actively consent to our treatment of your personal data (does not include credit card information) as outlined above.
- The nature of the Internet is such that web servers automatically collect certain information about a visit to a website, including the visitor’s Internet Protocol (IP) address. IP addresses are unique numbers assigned by Internet Service Providers (ISP) to all devices used to access the Internet. Web servers automatically log the IP addresses of visitors to their sites. The IP address, on its own, does not identify an individual. However, in certain circumstances, such as with the co-operation of an ISP for example, it could be used to identify an individual using the site. For this reason, we consider the IP address to be personal information, particularly when combined with other data automatically collected when visitor requests a web page such as the page or pages visited, date and time of the visit.We collect no personal information (PII) about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide this information to us. Submitting personally identifiable information through our website is voluntary, but by doing so, you are giving your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. Not providing certain information may result in our inability to provide applicant with the desired service. If you choose to provide us with PII on this website, through such methods as completing a web form or sending us an email, we will use that information to help us provide you the information or service you have requested or to respond to your message. The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting our site.
We do automatically collect and store the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (.com, .edu, etc.); the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the website (such as a search engine or referring page) from which you reached our site. We use the information we collect to count the number of visitors to the different pages on our site and to help us make our site more useful to applicants & visitors like you.
Purpose of Collection
- The predominant purpose in collecting, storing or sharing the information is to:
a) Provide appointment scheduling and processing of payment of NIN enrolment applications contemplated herein
b) Prevent misuse, abuse, mischievous intent, prohibited or illegal use and hacking through any means and to address any security issues.
c) Customize, measure and improve our services and website content and layout.
- All the information so collected from the Applicant may be stored and shared by KSQ / IQID with NIMC and any law enforcement agencies on whose behalf the information is collected as required under the applicable laws. KSQ / IQID may collect all information furnished by Applicant, and identifiable by the passport number, portal, server, I.P address etc., which is traceable in relation to this website or in relation thereto, such as IP address, E-mail address, contact detail information and other information like transactional information of Applicants’ online usage, IP address, log-on information and standard web log information etc.Applicants may be asked to provide certain personal information including name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email ID and passports information or any other identity document information etc. This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change as may be directed by the NIMC.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Applicant’s personal information shall be used only for the purposes mentioned herein. KSQ / IQID may need to disclose personal information when required by law when it is necessary to comply with a court order, any on-going judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on KSQ / IQID or to exercise the legal rights or defend against legal claims, criminal investigations, judicial matters, national security or prevention, investigation, detection, prosecution of criminal activities etc.
Processing of personal data in connection with queries
- In connection with a query, contact details that you submit to us will be treated only for correspondence with regard to your query.
Processing of personal data in connection with NIN Application
- For application for NIN, KSQ / IQID will collect and process your personal data (does not include credit card information) in accordance with the requirements specified by NIMC. Insofar as in the framework of the NIN application KSQ / IQID will collect, save or use personal data (does not include credit card information) itself, this is only done insofar as is necessary for the processing of the application and for the rendering of our other services and the performance of the contract. Accordingly, data is only passed on to third parties insofar as KSQ / IQID service partners (e.g. courier services) or NIMC requires the data (does not include credit card information) to process the application. In such cases, however, the scope of the data (does not include credit card information) transmitted is limited to the necessary minimum.Otherwise, passing your personal data (does not include credit card information) on to third parties, selling it to third parties or transmitting it to third parties in another way is excluded, unless KSQ / IQID is obliged by law or by a court decision to pass the data (does not include credit card information) on, or if passing on the data (does not include credit card information) is necessary for the pursuit of claims and criminal-law prosecution in the event of attacks on KSQ / IQID IT infrastructure.
KSQ / IQID will not collect personal information about individuals through any unlawful means or by means that are in the circumstances unfair or intrude to an unreasonable extent upon the personal affairs of the individual concerned. KSQ / IQID may adopt methods other than the one used in the ordinary course of registration to confirm the validity of information provided to it by individuals.
Please be aware that KSQ / IQID can leave no guarantees and that KSQ / IQID takes no legal responsibility for the NIMC processing of your personal data (does not include credit card information).
- KSQ / IQID treats data as an asset that must be protected and uses tools like encryption, passwords, physical security, firewalls, and other security features and measures to protect KSQ / IQID website and Applicant’s personal information against unauthorized disclosure, access, misuse, abuse, hacking etc. However, sometimes third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and other users may abuse or misuse a user’s/users’ personal information that they may collect from the website for which KSQ / IQID shall not be liable.Therefore, although KSQ / IQID works very hard to protect Applicant’s privacy, it cannot guarantee that personal information or private communications will always remain private and secure.
Right to opt out
- KSQ / IQID respects Applicant’s privacy and gives Applicant an option not to provide information or data that needs to be submitted. Applicant can withdraw his / her consent that was given to KSQ / IQID earlier. However, the same needs to be communicated to KSQ / IQID in writing.
Once the Applicant has withdrawn his / her consent, KSQ / IQID will no longer provide Applicant with Applicant Support Services.
- KSQ / IQID shall not be held responsible for the authenticity or accuracy of the information provided by the Applicant/User.
It shall be the duty of the Applicant/User to ensure that the information provided to KSQ / IQID is accurate and true.
Third Party Websites and Applications
- KSQ / IQID links to social networking and other kinds of third-party websites. KSQ / IQID use social networking websites to interact with the foreign audiences and to engage in public diplomacy worldwide. Social networking websites are used to publicize certain events and engage with members of the public. We also use web measurement and customization technologies to measure the number of visitors to our websites and their various sections and to help make our websites more useful to visitors. In some cases, the third-party application may request an email address, username, password, and geographic location for account registration purposes. We do not use third party websites to solicit and collect PII from individuals. We do not collect or store any PII collected by any third party website, and no PII will be disclosed, sold or transferred to any other entity outside KSQ / IQID, unless required for law enforcement purposes or by statute.We may use various types of online surveys to collect opinions and feedback from a random sample of visitors. Primarily, KSQ / IQID uses this for checking results of Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) online survey on an ongoing basis to obtain feedback and data on visitor satisfaction with our websites. This survey does not collect PII. Although the survey invitation pops up for a random sample of visitors, it is optional. If you decline the survey, you will still have access to the identical information and resources at our site as those who do take the survey. The survey reports are available only to web managers and other designated staff who require this information to perform their duties. We may use other limited-time surveys for specific purposes, which are explained at the time they are posted.
Links to External Websites
- KSQ / IQID website has many links to other websites including but not limited to websites of various Embassies/Consulates, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- KSQ / IQID uses closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera in all our NIN Enrolment Centers. The use of CCTV is a requirement of the NIMC.